Online Reference Material
South Callaway Library - Online Card Catalogs
MOREnet Online Resources
MOREnet is an educational Internet Service Provider (ISP) that links schools, public libraries, academic institutions, & state agencies together to their network to have access to a secure broadband connection across the state of Missouri. Our affiliation with MOREnet provides us with access to many online resources.
Additional Online Resources
RefDesk.com - Great Online Reference Materials
- RefDesk.com Reference pages.
Bartleby.com - Great Online Books
This site features a multitude of Reference, Verse, Fiction, and Nonfiction material
This site features a Dictionary, Thesaurus, Word of the Day, Word Games, and the Word Central site for Kids
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary or Thesaurus
- Word Central for Kids- Featuring a Student Dictionary and numerous Word Activities
- Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day or Word Game of the Day
- Merriam-Webster's Home Page
Government Information and Research Links
- The official State of Missouri Home Page
- FirstGov - The official web site for searching the U.S. Government
- Visit the White House, the U.S. House of Representatives or the U.S. Senate
- The World Factbook provided by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- The Library of Congress or the new America's Library for Kids and Families
- The National Library of Education is the federal government's main resource center for education information and provides ERIC - The Educational Resources Information Center
- The National Library of Medicine (NLM) provides MEDLINEplus Consumer Health Information, and the PubMed Online, as well as many Additional NLM Online Medical Databases
- The Justice Information Center - A Service of the National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- Finding Missouri - This video series, for students and teachers in Missouri's elementary and secondary schools, was funded by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and the Historical Preservation Section of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- Missouri Heritage Project - class supplicated in dealing with Missouri's heritage
- Virtually Missouri - Access to a wide variety of digitized collections from Missouri libraries, archives, historical societies and museums
Other Reference Sites of Interest
A collection of various reference and research sites on the Internet
- SIRS Knowledge Source - Search for articles using this powerful online research tool and database.
- OneLook Dictionaries - Over 600 dictionaries are now indexed by this site
- Yahoo's Reference Page - Select from multiple categories of reference material
- AskERIC - Education Information with the Personal Touch by the Information Institute of Syracuse
- American Journalism Review - Links to thousands of newspapers and magazines
- NetSmartz - The NetSmartz Workshop¨ is an interactive, educational safety resource from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children¨ and Boys & Girls Clubs of America for children (ages 5-17), parents, guardians, educators and law enforcement that uses age-appropriate, 3-D activities to teach children how to stay safer on the Internet.
- eThemes - eThemes is an extensive database of content-rich, age-appropriate resources organized around specific themes. These resources are created for educators to use in their classrooms.
- Multnomah County Library Homework Center - Homework help from the Multonomah County Library
- Ultimate Vocabulary Resource Guide - Looking for ways to bolster your English vocabulary skills? You’ll find plenty in this guide, with links to great vocabulary resources from around the web. There are tools for teachers and parents looking for strategies to help students excel.
Note: If you know of any additional sites that should be added to this page, please let us know.